Serving our nation is important to OCMI. As a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business, we’re always looking for ways to help America realize its fullest potential – and we believe that starts with supporting our local, state, and federal government clients meet the needs of their constituents and our citizens.
OCMI is a full-service, independent construction management company with nearly four decades of experience. Over the years, we’ve partnered with local, state and federal government agencies as a trusted, low-risk provider of cost estimating, project controls, construction and project management solutions.
The OCMI difference is our collective experience, knowledge and success rates working on specialized government projects. We have successfully managed and worked on all types of contract vehicles, including BPAs, IDIQs, and other on-call contracts, in addition to firm-fixed contract awards.
Every OCMI team member understands the complexities and intricacies of government projects, from contract administration and reporting, to adhering to security protocols and agency-specific policies and procedures.
A sampling of federal agencies OCMI has worked with:
- Air Force
- Army Corps of Engineers
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Defense
- Department of Energy
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Department of Homeland Security
- Department of Interior
- Department of Justice
- Department of State
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- General Services Administration
- National Institute of Health
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
- National Park Service
- Naval Facilities Engineering Command
The OCMI team is well-versed in the following:
- CMa, CMc, D/B, D/B/B Delivery Methods
- Federal Standards, Codes, and Design Guidelines
- High Performance Buildings
- Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED)
- U.S. Courthouses, Federal Buildings & Land Ports of Entry
- Electronic Project Management systems (ePM)
- Federal estimating formats, including MCACES MII
This high-profile project has run smoothly, and I can honestly say it’s because OCMI has been a true partner to the City... OCMI has shown outstanding resilience and leadership with all the challenges and conflicts presented during the construction of these projects. I can truly say it has been an honor to work with them.Ofelia Avalos, City of Sacramento
Over the course of our history, OCMI has been a partner to GSA in providing a host of customized solutions, encompassing cost and schedule control, and construction and project management. We have worked on various types of project scopes, including historical renovation, new addition, modernization, and rehabilitation work, in addition to new construction for federal courthouses, Land Ports of Entry, and other types.
Collectively, our teams have worked on more than $1 billion worth of construction work for GSA buyers across the country. We have excellent Contractor Performance Assessment Report (CPAR) scores that speak to the value we bring to each project.
A sampling of GSA projects that we have worked on:
- Calexico, CA LPOE
- Robert E Coyle Federal Courthouse
- Donna, TX LPOE
- Edward F. Schwartz Federal Building
- Fresno Federal Courthouse
- Herbert C. Hoover Federal Building
- Martin V. B. Bostetter Federal Courthouse
- McAllen, TX LPOE
- Nogales, AZ LPOE
- Philip Burton Federal Building & Courthouse
- Robert F. Peckham Federal Building & Courthouse
- Tuscaloosa, AL Federal Building & Courthouse
- Wilshire Federal Building
OCMI, Inc. is a CVE certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that provides full-service construction, cost and schedule management. Our primary focus is to independently protect the best interests of our clients by managing risk and bringing value to the design and construction process. We pride ourselves on our responsiveness to client needs, attention to detail, and accuracy.
OCMI specializes in every aspect of design and construction management for Department of Veterans Affairs and National Cemetery Administration projects. As a Construction Manager as an Agent (CMa), Cost Estimators, and CPM Schedulers for the U.S. Government, we are experienced in analyzing designs for compliance to federal standards, providing management and construction inspection for on-going work, and management cost and schedule requirement adherence.
A sampling of VA projects that we have worked on:
- Cape Canaveral National Cemetery, Phase 2 Expansion Independent Cost Estimate and Baseline Schedule Development
- Confidential VAMC, New Critical Care Center Value Management Study
- Massachusetts National Cemetery, Phase 4 Expansion Construction Management/Inspection Services
- New Western NY National Cemetery Phase 1 (Independent Cost Estimating)
- Sam Houston National Cemetery, Burial Expansion Contractor Schedule Review
- VA CFM Cost Estimating Training Series
- VA Community Based Outpatient Clinics (27 Facilities) Independent Cost Estimates & Reconciliations
- VA Manhattan Change Order Review
- West LA VAMC, Kitchen Renovation Value Management Study
VA Office of Construction and Facilities Management, Nationwide Construction Management IDIQ
31 March 2022 – 30 March 2027 (Includes all Option Years)
VA Office of Construction and Facilities Management, Nationwide Cost Estimating Services IDIQ
26 July 2017 – 25 July 2022
Regardless of location, OCMI services our clients nationwide and we have an excellent reputation throughout the industry. Download our capabilities statement for an informative guide on all of our services, NAICS codes, and rapid procurement through our GSA 871-7 schedule and nationwide VA on-call contracts.